Thursday, September 13, 2012

      Hello And welcome to my Baton twirling blog! I know that there are alot of blogs out there about baton twirling but what most of them lack is the true opinions of frustrated yet proud twirlers, parents, coaches, judeges etc. in the baton world. To be honest with you, this blog is just another project for school. But as i have been creating it i want to keep up with the posts and spread the word of baton twirling from not just mine but everyones point of view. Please feel free to email me at Twirlgems95@gmail.com, comment, post and subscribe so we can have as many people possible supporting the thing we all know and love; baton twirling.

  I want to start off my first post with a description of myself. My name is Alyssa Bockman, im 17 years old and i live in Maryland. I have been twirling a baton since i was 7 years old, and have loved it ever since. Though i started out with the "Gems" at age 13 i moved to the Elite level baton twirling team; "The Dynamics" and have had amazing expiriences ever since. Over my years i have won 5 Miss Cama titles, numerous Midatlantic regional & Maryland state titles, 1 Intermeadiate Jr Midlatlantic pagent title, 1 Intermediate SR Maryland pagent title & the 2012 age 16 Intermediate National & World Open Super X title. This past nationals i was also honored to be on 3 Advanced National championship teams & compete in the National Majorette Contest
after qualifying my first competetin in advanced SR at Maryland state championships. Lastly this past april i traveled to the 2012 World Baton Twirling Championships in Neuchatel, Switzerland with the Dynamics, as a member of TEAM U.S.A. After winning the Junior Twirl Team championship at 2012 AYOP Nationals we continued our streak and Recivied the Gold Medal at the World Championships, it was an amazing expirience.

  Twirling is my passion and its what i want to do every minute of everyday. The hardwork, blood, injuries, swerat, tears wins and loses just make me stronger and i want to have the chance to be called an athlete and compete in the next olympics. if you feel the same way please leave comments, posts or email me so we can spread the world and stand up for what we all know and love, Baton Twirling!

1 comment:

  1. Nice start! Remember to check grammar and complete the entries on time.

    ReplyDelete